Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good News on MRI

I had an MRI of my liver done on Monday, April 8th. Dr. Martinez was really happy with the results. The sections of my liver where he had done the Y-90 radioembolization looked good. There were three scars where he had treated the lower lobe, but no tumors. The upper part of the liver where the tumors have always resembled a big claw, was the smallest it had ever been. My liver was almost a normal shape. It was really neat to see. The only area of concern was a 6mm spot that showed up on the right lobe just outside of the treatment area. He said it is too small to show up on the PET scan, so we do not know if it was there in January or not. He said the tumors need to be 8mm to 1 to show up on the PET. He was going to discuss the MRI with Dr. Gupta and then decide what I need to do. He was going to recommend just waiting a couple of months and then do another MRI to see if there has been any significant changes. I meet with Dr. Gupta on the 23rd, so I will find out the treatment plan then. I have been feeling really good and enjoying my time off from chemo. I am hoping and praying that I do not have to start anything again for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment