Friday, August 2, 2013

New tumors

I apologize for not keeping this blog more updated, but you can always assume that no news is good news. I have had a wonderful Spring and Summer. I have not had chemo since January. It has been especially nice this summer not having to schedule our life around doctor appointments, tests, and treatments. Unfortunately, things are about to change. I had a tumor marker test July 12th and my tumor markers had gone up from 37.0 to 102.3, so Dr. Gupta had me do the test again the next week to verify the results. The numbers went up again to 129.0 in one week. I had a PET scan on July 29th and the scan showed that I have several new tumors growing in my liver. They said it was hard to differentiate how many, because they were all meshed together. I will start chemo on August 6th and will have treatments three weeks in a row in then get one week off. Dr. Gupta is going to try the drug Abraxane, which is a sister drug to Taxol. He said he is confident that I will respond well to the treatment, so we are hoping that he is correct. I am so thankful that we were able to have a few months of normalcy in our household. It was good for all of us. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we start this roller coaster ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment