Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Update

Not too much has been going on here since my last post. Just more of the same really. I have had about seven "good" days from early October until now. I keep fighting the nausea and just basically feel crappy all of the time. I have absolutely no energy and usually not much appetite. The good news is I have not had any pain. They keep lowering the dosage of my pain meds and I am getting along fine with that so far. They adjusted my nausea meds again last week, and they seem to be working better. I had chemo yesterday, so I will see how my body reacts to them with that in my system. My big problem seems to be the high calcium level. It just won't go down to a normal level. I get Zometa and Saline to flush through my body, but it isn't really lowering it to an acceptable level. We got the impression from Dr. Gupta yesterday that he thinks my liver/tumors are causing it to be high, which might mean that the chemo isn't doing its job. I will finish this round of chemo next Tuesday and then have the week off from treatment. I am scheduled for a scan on November 25th and will also get a tumor marker test at that time. Dr. Gupta wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving to do this, but Rob and I didn't want to wait. We would just rather get the results and see what is really going on. Please continue to pray for us. It really helps knowing that so many people are lifting us up in prayer. It is very comforting to us as we go through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment