Sunday, September 8, 2013

Forget my "no news is good news" motto..........

Well, first things first. I said I was going to change my blog layout, but that hasn't happened yet. I need to recruit my girls to do that for me. I am a little challenged in that area. The last two weeks have not been good around here. My "off week" from chemo did not turn out the way I was hoping. I ended up having to get blood work done twice and had to go to the cancer center twice for infusions. My calcium levels kept going up higher on the high risk scale. As a result of that, I did not feel good at all. I even had to miss two of Rachel's soccer games, so that really bummed me out. Sunday night, September 1st, I started having a lot of pain on the right side of my abdomen, around the side, and back. I couldn't get a deep breath and it hurt even worse if I tried. It lasted all night, so Rob took me to the E.R. Monday morning. They ruled out a blood clot right away and determined that it is my liver that is causing me all of the pain. They put me on various medications to help get the pain under control. As with anything, every medication can cause another symptom, etc. so it has been a vicious cycle. Today, is the first day that I have felt like sitting out in the family room in the recliner. I am thanking God for all of my special care takers this week. You are a God send. Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers. It has been rough, but I feel a lot better knowing that I am in God's care. I get blood work again tomorrow and then chemo again Tuesday. I am hoping that things settle down soon and God keeps giving me the strength to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment